Apply First Aid $130
- not required
44 Frances Street Tweed Heads
- Pre-payment and bookings for this course are essential
Register For This Course
Incorporating the Unit(s) of Competence:
HLTFA311A Apply First Aid, HLTCPR211A Perform CPR
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently recognise and respond to a range of emergency situations requiring first aid. The course is suitable for the general public, students and corporate clients. This course can be contextualised to suit your specific requirements.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification; however it is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
Recommended for students over 14yrs only.
- Principles of First Aid, legal Issues
- DRABCD Emergency Action plan & Secondary Survey
- Infectious Diseases and Hygiene
- Management of the Unconscious Casualty
- Airway Management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Adult, Child & Infant
- Understanding the use of an AED
- Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Exposure (hot and cold)
- Ear, Eye and Facial Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Chest, Pelvic and Spinal Injuries
- Fractures, Dislocations and Soft Tissue Injuries
- Diabetes, Epilepsy, Stroke, Asthma
- Anaphylaxis and the use of Epi-Pens
- Heart Conditions
- Poisons, Bites and Stings
Program Duration & Flexibility:
1 Day Full Course (FC)
6-8 hours face-to-face delivery
Refresher Course (RC)
6-8 hours face-to-face delivery with no pre-course workbook. Student must supply a copy of their current competencies. Students who hold certificates that have expired are required to complete the full course. For onsite training, delivery times may be adjusted to suit operational requirements.
- On-course workbook
- All training material
Statement of Attainment – Apply First Aid, Perform CPR & Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Workplace Approved throughout Australia.
Cost: Full Course (FC) $130
Full payment is required on booking, by credit card or EFT (internet banking).We also have an option to pay cash at our centre prior to the course if you do not have a credit card.
Call Office on 07 5536 1002
Three (3) years. Annual CPR refresher required.Our comprehensive student management system will remind you when your certificate is due to be renewed